Mutton Liver Pepper fry – A flavorful and tasty appetizer, easy recipe. Though i am not a great fan of mutton liver, i love this recipe and my hubby favorite too. Its Yummy. Liver Pepper fry goes well with idli, dosa or rice. Though Liver is a bit high in fat its rich in protein, iron and vitamins. Here goes the recipe…
Mutton Liver – 200 gms
Pepper – 2 tblspn
coconut oil – 1/2 tblspn
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tspn
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Onion – 1 Big chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tspn
Salt to taste
- Wash the Mutton Liver Well.
- Add Mutton Liver, salt, turmeric powder in a pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles. Once the pressure cooker starts the first whistle reduce the flame for next 2 whistles. After 3 whistles allow the cooker to release the pressure on its own.
- Heat Coconut oil in a kadai, Add Mustard and allow to splutter.
- Add Chopped onion and fry till glossy texture.
- Add Curry Leaves and fry.
- Now add the cooked Liver pieces, Pepper powder, salt and roast until the raw smell leaves for 3-4 mins.
- Serve Hot
- Do not cook liver for more time or it might become hard.