Paneer Pakora! The first thing that comes to my mind when i think of Paneer is Paneer Pakora. Easy snack, great appetizers. This is a great snack on a rainy evening with Chai/Tea. Paneer Pakora is a traditional snack. This is crunchy from outside and soft inside. Paneer is rich in Protein. Enjoy the goodness of paneer with this crunchy Paneer Pakora. Here goes the Recipe…
Paneer(cottage cheese) – 100gms
Gram Flour- 1/2 cup
Ajwain Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Rice Flour- 1 tblspn
Water – 1/2 cup
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – to deep fry
- Cut Paneer into squares, so that it is easy to dip.
- Mix gram flour, Rice Flour, Chilli Powder, Ajwain Seeds, Salt and Mix together. Add water and make it to a paste Consistancy.
- Dip Paneer in the Batter mixture and fry in oil until golden brown.
- Place the fried pakora on a tissue until the extra oil is absorbed.
- Do not make the batter watery as it will not stick to paneer when we dip.
- While dipping paneer into batter make sure paneer is coated completely without any gap, If there is any gap it consumes more oil.