Vermicelli/Semiya/Sevai Keema Briyani! I am fond of the texture of roasted vermicelli. It takes very less time to prepare any recipe with it. I wanted to prepare something Spicy with Vermicelli so at last decided to make Briyani. Semiya Briyani requires some preparation time and is reserved for weekends. This is one of my “Happy Cooking” recipes. This briyani is an apt where there are surprise guests at home. Can be made for lunch or dinner. Goes well with raitha. Here Goes the recipe…
Ghee – 3tsp
Oil – For frying
Big Elaichi – 1
Cinnamon – 1/4 inch piece
Bayleaf – 1
Vermicelli – 2 cups
Mutton Keema /Mince Meat – 250 gms
Carrot – 1/4 Cup grated
Green Peas – 1/4 cup
Potato – 1/4 cup Chopped
Onion – 1 Sliced
Tomato – 1 Big Chopped
Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Mint Leaves – 1/4 cup
Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Soak the Green peas Overnight. Pressure Cook for 3 whistles and set aside.
- Pressure cook mince meat with enough water, turmeric powder and salt. Once the meat is cooked reserve the mutton stock. It can be used to boil vermicelli.< / br>
- Boil 2 and half cup of water. If mutton stock is there as mentioned above, it can be used.
- Add 2 cups of vermicelli into it. Add Salt to taste. Boil it until it absorbs the water. Do not add more water or overcook or it might become a paste.
- Add little oil in a frying pan and fry potato.
- When the potato is 75 % cooked add the grated carrot. Cook well. Add Salt to taste and set aside.
- Heat Ghee in a Kadai. Add Cinnamon, Cloves, Big Elaichi and Bayleaves into it.
- Add onion and roast until glossy.
- Add Tomato and fry until mushy.
- Reserve some Coriander leaves for garnishing. Grind the remaining coriander leaves and mint leaves and add the mixture. Cook until the fragrance comes out. Add Ginger garlic paste.
- Now add the potato and carrot mixture, Boiled Green Peas, Boiled keema and cook well for 5 mins.
- Add the boiled Vermicelli. Mix well and cook for 1 minute. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish Coriander leaves. Keep it closed for 30 mins so that the masala blends well. Vermicelli Keema Briyani Ready.
- I have used BamBino roasted Vermicelli. If Vermicelli is not roasted, dry roast it for 3- 5 mins.