Carrot Kheer / Carrot Payasam
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Carrot Chopped – 1 cup
Boiled Milk – 1 cup
Cardamon Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – as required
Pistas(or any nuts or dry fruits) – 2 teaspoon
Saffron- 1/4 teaspoon
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Carrot Kheer / Carrot Payasam
- Wash and Clean the carrot well. Chop the Carrot. Add chopped carrot add enough water and cook until its 75% cooked. Do not add more water. Or the nutrients gets washed away in the water. Cook until the water disappears.
- If any water remains drain them and blend the carrot into a smooth past. Saute carrot in 1 tablespoon of ghee (I missed to click a pic in this step). Bring the milk to boil in a sauce pan.
- Add in the saute carrot into the milk. Cook until the milk and the Carrot blend well. Add in cardamom powder and sugar and cook them.
- Finally garnish with the roasted nuts. Delicious payasam in now ready to serve.
- Any choice of nuts and dry fruits can be roasted in ghee and garnished at the end.
- For boiling carrot it can also be pressure cooked upto 3 whistles. I am not in favor of Pressure cooking as i feel the nutrients of the carrot are lost in pressure cooking. Hence i prefer open cooking in a pot like the way i have shared the recipe here.
- If pressure cooking Chopped carrot then cook only for 1 whistle.