Marble cake is a cake made by blending light and dark cake batter together to get a mottled appearance like marble. This cake is made with chocolate and vanilla flavours Yumm! This delicious marble cake recipe is a Classic. Baking a marble cake is something fun, every time you cut a slice a new pattern of surprise awaits. This cake is very soft, with the blend of chocolate and vanilla flavours its a perfect treat to anyone. I have made this cake few times before posting this recipe here so the fotos here are updated from multiple times. Few times i made dots of cocoa mixture above vanilla mixture and swirled it. Few times layed both vannila mixture and cocoa mixture one above the other and swirled it. This cake looks fabulous, so soft and moist! Here Goes the recipe…
All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
Cocoa Powder – 1tblspn
Milk – 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda – a pinch
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Eggs – 4
- Preheat the Microwave to 180 degrees.
- Grease the cake mold with butter, dust it with maida and set aside.
- Add Maida, Baking Powder, Baking Soda in a bowl and Mix well. Now sieve this Mixture to remove any lumps. Set aside.
- Take 4 eggs into a bowl, vanilla essence. Mix well with a beater. Beat the egg mixture up to 3 to 4 mins until the mixture increases thrice the original quantity and the consistency becomes a thick paste.
- Add the Butter and Sugar into a bowl and beat well until the butter blends well with sugar.
- Add half of the egg mixture into the butter mixture and blend slowly.
- Add the Maida mixture and slowly mix them.
- Add the remaining egg and mix them very slowly.
- Finally add the milk and mix slowly. The Vanilla Mixture is ready now.
- Take 1/3rd of this mixture in a separate bowl. Add the cocoa powder and mix well. Now the Vanilla Mixture and the chocolate mixture is ready
- Now you can make swirls as you like. Take all the Vanilla mixture in the greased cake mold.
- Add the chocolate mixture on top of the vanilla mixture in random locations.
- Using a sharp edged knife or spoon make ‘S’ or ‘8’ shapes on the batter and it forms nice swirls over the cake.
- Another option is Add half of the Vanilla mixture into the cake mold and tap well to form the base. second add all the chocolate mixture on top of it and extend it to cover the base slowly. Above the chocolate mixture add the remaining vanilla mixture.Using a sharp edged knife or spoon make a few ‘S’ or ‘8’ shapes on the batter. Do not over mix. The swirls might not be visible. They are waiting inside the cake to surprise us when we slice it.
- Now keep the baking mold into the preheated microwave and bake it for 15 mins in 180 degrees.
- To check, Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, if toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready, If not bake for few more mins.
- Once the Baking is complete. Leave the cake in the mold for 15 mins to cool.
- Using a Knife release the edges of the cake.
- Yummy Marble Cake is ready now for slicing.
- Do not make the batter too watery or the swirls or layers might not be intact.
- Sieve the Maida mixture, do not omit this step.
- Make sure the beater is clean and dry while beating the eggs., or the eggs wont raise in quantity.
- Do not add the egg mixture completely in one go or there are chances that the mixture might cuddle.
- Place a Butter paper in the bottom of the cake mold before pouring the cake mixture into it.
- The Baking time might differ from different microwaves, Hence read your user manual before baking.
- The cake batter must not be more than half of the cake mold, as the cake is tend to raise it might overflow.
- Using a round cake mold is better so that the cake cooks well from all sides.