Coconut Milk Pulao with Veggies / Coconut Pulao Recipe
|Prep time: 15 Min||| Cook time: 15 min||| Total time:30 min|
|Recipe type: MainCourse||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy with Coconut Flavour|
Basmati rice – 1 Cup
Coconut Milk – 1 and 1/4 Cup
Water – 1/4 Cup
Onion – 1 big
Green Chillies- 2
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoon
Carrot – 1/4 Cup
Fresh Green Peas – 1/4 Cup
Salt – To Taste
Ghee – 3 teaspoon
Bay leaf – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 3
Black Cardamon – 2
- Chop Veggies and set aside.
- Heat the Ghee in a pressure cooker. Add the spices mentioned under to tamper section (Add Bay leaf cinnamon, Cloves and black cardamon) into ghee and roast until the nice aroma comes out.
- Mix Chopped onion and green chillies and roast until the onion becomes glossy.
- Add Ginger garlic paste and roast until nice aroma comes out. Add the veggies and roast for 2 minutes. Add the basmati rice and mix once.
- Add Coconut milk and mix well slowly. Close the Pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles. After the 1st whistle simmer the flame for next two whistles.
- Coconut milk pulao is ready to be served.
- I have used fresh green peas. If you are using dried green peas, soak in water for 4 hrs and pressure cook separately for 2 whistles before adding into the pulao.
- Beans, Potato and cauliflower are other veggies that goes well with this recipe.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Coconut Milk Pulao:
- Chop Carrot and Peel green Peas and set aside.
- Add ghee in a pressure cooker and heat it. Add the spices under to tamper section into ghee and roast it until nice aroma comes out. Add Onion and roast it until glossy. Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Roast it. add the veggies and roast for another 2 minutes. Add the rice and coconut milk and salt to taste. Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Coconut Milk Pulao is now ready. Serve hot with any Kurma or any raitha.