Black Channa Sundal / ChickPea Sundal
|Prep time: 5 hours||| Cook time: 10 min||| Total time:5 hours|
|Recipe type: Salad||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Salty and Spicy|
Black Channa/Chickpea- 1/2 Cup
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – few
Onion – 1/2
Asafoetida – a generous pinch
Water – 2 Cups
Coconut – 2 tablespoon
Salt – to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Black channa Sundal / Chickpea Sundal:
- Soak Channa in water for 4 to 5 hours. I have soaked it overnite. Drain the water add the chickpea in a pressure cooker add water and salt. Pressure cook it for 3 whistles. After the first whistle simmer the flame. After 3 whistles switch off the flame. Allow the pressure cooker to release the pressure on its own. Open the pressure cooker drain the excess water.
- Heat oil in a Pan. Add oil and heat it. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add Onion and saute them until glossy. Add curry leaves and dry red chillies.
- Add the cooked Chickpea. Saute it for 30 seconds. Add coconut and mix it. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Black Channa Sundal is now ready to serve.
- Adding Coconut is completely optional.
- Few drops of lemon juice can be added before serving.