Carrot Beans Cabbage Poriyal
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 15 Min||| Total time:25 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
|Taste: Salty and Spicy|
French Beans – 1 Cup
Carrot – 1 Cup
Cabbage – 1 Cup
Garlic – 6 pods
Onion – 1
Coconut – 1/4 Cup
Curry Leaves – a Spring
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
salt – to taste
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Carrot Beans Cabbage Poriyal:
- Chop Beans Carrot and Cabbage. I have grated the cabbage. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard and allow them to splutter. Add onion and saute until glossy.
- Add garlic pods and Curry leaves and saute them for 30 seconds. Add Beans and Carrot and saute them.
- Cook the carrot and Beans for 4 minutes. Add the cabbage and saute them. Add Salt to taste. Add Turmeric powder and Chilli powder and saute them.
- Sprinkle water and saute until the veggies are cooked well. Add coconut and saute for 2 minutes. Carrot Beans Cabbage poriyal is now ready to serve.
- Add the cabbage after the carrot and beans are cooked up to 50 %. As cabbage is chopped into smaller pieces than carrot and beans it cooks faster
Serve Carrot Beans and Cabbage poriyal with steamed rice, sambar or rasam or any other Veg Gravies.