Drumstick Brinjal Puli Kulambu
Poondu Puli Kuzhambu / Garlic Tamarind Gravy
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Spicy and Tangy|
Poondu/ Garlic Pods- 15 Small
Onion – 1 Chopped
Tomato – 1 Chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Tamarind – 1 Amla Sized
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek – 1 teaspoon
Sambar powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Poondu Puli Kuzhambu / Garlic Tamarind Gravy :
- Peel Garlic. Chop Onion and tomato and set aside. Heat oil in a Pan. Add Mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add Fenugreek and roast until nice aroma comes out.
- Add Garlic and saute it. Add onion and curry leaves and saute until onion becomes glossy.
- Add Tomato and add salt and saute until mushy. Soak tamarind in water and squeeze out the pulp. Add tamarind pulp.
- Cook in low flame until the oil seperates in the sides of the Pan. Add little water if the gravy is too thick. Do not make it runny. Serve hot with papad.
- The Gravy is not too thick or watery. Do not add more water.
- The taste of this gravy increases after a couple of hours. So make it few hours before serving.
Poondu kulambu goes very well with Cabbage Stir Fry , Pappad and Steamed Rice.