Capsicum Potato Gravy
Bhindi Masala / Ladys finger Masala
Poori Masala With Coconut
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Potato – 3 medium
Thin Coconut milk – from half coconut. (Check Tips Section below)
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Red Chillis – 4
Green Chillis – 1 chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Potato Stew:
- Boil potatoes until soft. Cool them. Peel Potatoes and chop 2 of them into bigger pieces. Mash 1 potato.
- Heat oil in a Cooking pan. Add Mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Add dry red chillis and saute them. Add the chopped green chillis.
- Add Curry Leaves and saute them. Add Mashed potato and salt and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped potatoes and saute them. Keep stirring or the mashed potatoes added earlier would stick to the bottom of the vessel and get burnt.
- Reduce the flame to the minimum and add the coconut milk and cook for 1 minute. If the coconut milk starts cuddling switch off immediately. Yummy Potato Stew Ready to serve.
- Coconut milk must not be very thick as it might cuddle. Add 1/4 cup water into thick coconut milk and dilute it into thin coconut milk.
- If you wish to pressure cook potatoes then pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Spicy food lovers can add some whole garam masala like cinnamon, cloves, Bayleaves that adds more taste.
- Other vegetables like carrot and beans can be added to the same recipe and we get Mix Veg stew Recipe
Potato Stew Pairs very well with south indian dishes like Appam and Idiyapppam. My lil ones favorite served with Masala Poori. Potato stew goes very well with chapathi and Poori.