Mudakathan Keerai Vadai
|Soaking time: 1 Hr||| Cook time: 30min||| Total time: 1Hr 30 Min|
|Recipe type: Snack||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 10|
For Dal Mixture:
Boiled Rice / Pulungal Arisi- 1 cup
Urad Dal – 3 tablespoon
Toor Dal – 3 tablespoon
Channa Dal – 1/3 Cup
Dry red Chillis – 3
For Green Paste:
Mudakathan Keerai – 1 Cup
Garlic pods – 3 big
Ginger – 1 inch
Asafoetida – a pinch
Curry Leaves – a spring
Onion – 1
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Carrot Grated – 3 tablespoon
Oil – for deep frying
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mudakathan Keerai Vadai :
- Soak Rice and Dals in water for 1 hour. Drain the water and add red chillis and grind it into a coarse paste. Do not add water.
- Take Mudakathan keerai, Ginger, Garlic and grind it into a paste in a mixer/blender. Add minimum water while grinding.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard and allow it to splutter. Add onion and saute it until glossy. Add curry leaves and saute it. Switch off the flame and add asafoetida.
- Add the ground dal/rice mixture, green paste, tampered mixture, carrot and salt and make it into a paste.
- Make vada sized fritters and deep fry in oil.
- Drain the excess oil in a paper towel. Mudakathan Keerai is now ready to serve.
- This Vada can also be shallow fried in dosa tawa.
Mudakathan Keerai Vadai can be served as a snack.