|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweets and Desserts||| Cuisine: Mugalai||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Milk – 500 millilitre
Semiya / Sevai / Vermicelli – 1/3 Cup
Sugar – 3 tablespoon
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Rose Water – 1 tablespoon
Cardamon – 3
Dates – 4 deseeded
Cashews – 6
Dry fruits – 1 tablespoon
Badam – 10
Step by Step Photos on how to make Sheer Kurma:
- Heat Ghee in a Pan. Add the Almond, Pistachios, cashews and dry fruits and roast them.
- Remove the dry fruits from the pan. Add the vermicelli in the same pan and roast it. Heat milk and bring it to boil. Leave it to reduce in low flame for 5 minutes. Add the boiled milk into the vermicelli.
- Add cardamon and let the vermicelli cook. Once it is cooked add sugar and give it a quick stir.
- Soak the dates in milk for 30 minutes. Add the dates into vermicelli. Add sugar if required. Add the roasted nuts and dry fruits. Delicious Sheer Khurma ready to serve.
- I have used fine variety of vermicelli. If you are using the thicker version of vermicelli the roasting time and boiling time differs accordingly.
- if you are using roasted vermicelli the roasting time can be avoided.
- Chiroli seeds are another seeds that is added to the sheer Khurma
- The Sweetness of the Sheer Khurma comes from the dates and dry fruits. So add sugar only if required.
Sheer Khurma is a recipe prepared during the festive occasion of ramzan.