Bread Halwa mmmmm….. the melt in mouth recipe. The leftover bread turns out into a rich dessert. Bread pieces are roasted in ghee and then cooked in milk. Finally the nuts and spices are added to make it into a rich dessert. Tastes heavenly. Here goes the recipe…
|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time:25 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Bread Slices – 8 Small
Cup – 2 Cups
Ghee – 1/4 Cup
Cardamom – 5
Cashew – 10
Almond – 10
Sugar to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Bread Halwa:
- Chop the bread into small pieces. Boil milk. Set them aside.
- Heat Ghee in a frying pan. Add the chopped bread pieces and roast them. Once it is roasted well add in the boiled milk.
- Keep sauting in low flame at this point. Add sugar to taste. The halwa mixture is now in sticky consistency. Grind the Cardamom, cashew and almond with 2 tablespoon of water.
- Add the ground paste into the halwa mixture. Saute stirring. The mixture reaches the halwa consistency. It comes to a state that it does not stick to the sides of the vessel. Bread Halwa is now ready to serve. Garnish with roasted almonds.
- No Need to chop the sides of the bread. It tastes good with the sides of the bread
- While adding milk into the bread make sure it is hot.
- Tastes best when served hot.
- Bread Halwa can also be made with dry bread or Bread Crumbs
Bread Halwa can be served as an after meal dessert.