|Prep time: 20 Min||| Cook time: 10min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Snack||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 10|
|Taste: Sweet||Source : Smithakalluraya|
Rice Rava – 1 Cup
Jackfruit 2.5 cup
Coconut – 1 Cup
Jaggery – 1/2 Cup
Ghee – to grease the idli plate
Salt – to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make JackFruit idli:
- Clean the jackfruit arils and chop them. Add it into a blender.
- Add Coconut and jaggery along with jackfruit into the blender and grind them together without adding water.
- Take Rice Rava in a bowl. Add the grounded paste into the Rice Rava.
- Mix them into a paste. Add a pinch of salt. The batter must be slightly thicker than idli batter. Meanwhile start boiling water in the idli pot.
- Grease the idli pots with ghee. Pour the jackfruit batter in the idli plates. Place the idli plates into the idli pots.
- Close the idli pot. Steam for 10 minutes in low flame. Insert a spoon or toothpick in the center of the idli. If it come out clean then the idlis are cooked and ready. If not cook until the spoon inserted in the center of the idli comes out clean.
- Remove the idli plates from the idli pot. Leave it for 5 minutes for the heat to reduce. Using a knife or spoon remove the idlis from the idli plates. Jackfruit idlis are now ready to serve.
- If the Idli batter becomes watery add little more Rava. If the mixture is watery the idly becomes soggy.
- The sweeter the jack fruit jaggery can be reduced accordingly.
It tastes best when served hot with Ghee. It tastes good when had with honey as a dip. Jackfruit can be served as a snack or as alongside breakfast.