Potato Stew Recipe
Mix Veg Kurma
Mix Veg Stew
|Soaking time: 4 Hrs||| Cook time: 30 Min||| Total time:4 Hrs 30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 3|
To Pressure Cook:
Black Channa – 1 Cup
Water – 1.5 Cup
Salt to Taste
To Roast and grind:
Shallots – 15
Tomato Big – 1
Coconut – 1/3 Cup
Dry Red Chillis – 3 or 4
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Jeera – 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – few
Water – 3/4 Cup
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Kadala Curry:
- Soak black channa overnight or atleast for 4 hours. Pressure cook Channa with 1.5 cup water and salt for 3 whistles. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure release in its own. Open the Pressure cooker. Drain the excess water and set the chickpea aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a kadai. Saute the shallots until glossy. Add the tomatoes and saute them.
- Once the tomatoes are mushy add the dry red chillis and coconut and saute them in low flame for 3 minutes.
- Set this mixture aside and cool them completely. Grind them into a paste.
- In the same kadai used for sauting add one more tablespoon of oil and them add jeera, allow it to splutter. Add curry leaves and saute for few minutes. Add the ground paste.
- Add Water and Channa and allow it to boil. Add Salt to taste. Cook until thwe oil seperates in the sides of the vessel.
- Tasty kadala Curry is now ready to serve.
- Adjust the spice level as per your taste. Mine was mildly spicy.
- Preparing the dish in coconut oil gives an awesome taste. If you like coconut oil that’s a better option for taste.
Kadala curry is served as a sidedish alongside puttu (Rice and Coconut cakes), Appam and idiyappam.