Mutton Liver Recipe
Green Mutton Recipe
Mutton Gravy Recipe
Mutton Masala Recipe
Vermicelli Mince Meat Briyani
Mutton Pepper Masala
|Prep time: 15 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time:35 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Mutton – 500 grams
Water – 1 cup
Onion – 2
Tomato – 2
Oil- 2 tablespoon
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Leaves – few
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Black Stone flower/Kalpasi – 1
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Coriander Powder – 2 tablespoon
Crushed Pepper – 1 tablespoon
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mutton Pepper Masala:
- Wash and clean mutton pieces. Add them into a pressure cooker with water, turmeric powder and salt. Pressure cook for 5 whistles. After the 1st whistle simmer the flame for the next 4 whistles. After 5 whistles switch off the flame. Let the pressure cooker release the pressure on its own. open the pressure cooker. We can still see some water remaining. Take 1/4 cup of water from this and reserve it. The remaining water can be used to prepare Mutton Soup or Mutton Gravy.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add Cinnamon, Cloves, Black stone flower, cardamon and saute until nice flavour comes out. Add chopped onion and keep sauting.
- Once the onion is sauted glossy add chopped tomatoes and saute them until mushy. Add the pressure cooked mutton pieces only and saute them for 5 minutes.
- Add pepper powder, coriander powder and required salt and add the 1/4 cup of mutton stock reserved from step 1. Keep cooking until the water dissappears. Garnish with coriander leaves. Tasty Mutton Pepper masala ready to serve.
- Adjust the spice requirements according to your taste. Mine was a spicy version
- For me the mutton was tender in 5 whistles. If your mutton is harder cook until the mutton gets tender.
Mutton Pepper Masala can be served as a side dish with Chappati, Dosa or idli. It can be served as a side dish with rice and Mutton Gravy