Chettinad Chicken Gravy
Ghee Chicken Gravy
Chicken Curry with Roaste Coconut
Chicken Roast in Coconut Milk
|Prep time: 30 Min||| Cook time: 30 Min||| Total time: 60 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
For Marination Masala:
Chicken Pieces – 250 grams
Vinegar – 2 Tablespoon
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Black Stone Flower – 1
Bay Leaves – 1
Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds – 2 Teaspoon
Cumin Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Cardamom – 1
Salt – To Taste
Onion – 1
Curry Leaves – Fistful
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Oil – 3 Tablespoon
Thin Coconut Milk – 1 Cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make Chicken Roast in Coconut Milk:
- Add all the spices for the Marination into a blender. Blend then into a smooth paste. Add required water only if required. Add the smooth paste into a bowl.
- Add the washed and cleaned chicken pieces into the smooth paste. Let it marinate atleast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes heat oil in a Frying Pan. Add in the marinated chicken along with the masala and start roasting them. The chicken releases some water. If not sprinkle 1/4 cup of water and keep cooking. Add a spring of curry leaves for nice aroma. Cook the chicken until it is cooked 75 %.
- Now add in the coconut milk and bring it to boil. Close the vessel and cook the chicken until all the water disappears and the chicken is cooked well. Stir occasionally so that the bottom of the vessel does not burn.
- In another frying pan and add oil. Saute the chopped onion and Curry Leaves. Add it into the cooked roasted Chicken. Mix them well. Delicious Chicken roast is now ready to serve.
- You can increase/decrease the Marination Masala as per your personal preference.
- Vinegar can be replaced with Lemon Juice as well.
Chicken Roast is an awesome appetiser. It can also be served as a side dish alongside rice or roti..