Savoury Mini Dumpling
|Prep time: 30 Min||| Cook time: 10 Min||| Total time: 40 Min|
|Recipe type: Snack||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: ultiple|
Raw Rice flour – 1 Cup
Salt – to taste
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Water – as required
For Savoury Sauce:
Sesame Oil- 2 tablespoon
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Jeera – 1 teaspoon
Dry red chillis- 3
Urad Dal – 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – Few
Turmeric Powder – a generous pinch
Idli Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
Salt – to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Savoury Mini Dumpling:
- For the Kozhukattai, heat water in a pot. Once it is hot switch off the flame. Add ghee in it and wait until it melts.
- Take raw rice flour in a bowl. Add in salt and mix well. Add water little by little and mix it well with a spoon.
- Make it into a chapatti dough consistency. Heat water in a steamer. Make small balls out of the Dough and steam in the steamer for 10 minutes. Steam with the lid closed. After 10 minutes open the steamer and set the kozhukattai aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add in mustard and jeera and allow to splutter. Add in the dry red chillis and give a quick stir.
- Add in the curry leaves and saute them. Add in the urad dal and saute them. Add turmeric powder.
- Add in Chilli powder and saute them. Take care not to burn any content. Add in the steamed kozhukattai and mix well.Switch off the flame.
- Tasty Kozhukattais are now ready to serve.
- I have used ready made kozhuttai/Dumplings flour. You can use homemade raw rice flour or idiyappam flour.
- Adding ghee to the Kozhukattai helps to keep the dough fresh from drying out.
Mini Kozhukattai is prepared as a festive recipe for Vinayagar chaturthi. Also this can be tasted as a any time snack.