Elaneer Payasam / Tender Coconut Payasam
Ice Apple Mango Payasam
Red Rice Poha Payasam
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 30 Min||| Total time:40 Min|
|Recipe type: Dessert||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Ada – 1/3 Cup
Milk – 600 Milliliters
Ghee – 1 Tablespoon
Water – 2 Cups
Cardamom Powder – a generous pinch
Cashews – few
Step by Step Photos on how to make Pal Ada Payasam:
- Wash and Soak Ada in water for 10 minutes. Boil the milk. Allow it to simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the milk does not burn.
- When the milk simmers. Add in the soaked ada. Let it boil.
- When the ada starts getting soft add in the sugar and caradamom powder and let it boil. Cook until the ada become soft
- Garnish with cashews roasted in ghee. Yummy and delicious Pal Ada Payasam ready now.
- Simmering the milk gives an awesome taste to the Payasam.
- I have used Bambino Ada. It was a big bigger in size. The amount of milkabsorbed by ada might vary according to the type of ada used.
- The Payasam is neither very thick nor watery. If the mixture becomes very thick add hot milk to get the proper consistency.
Pal Ada Payasam is a Delicious Dessert..