|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 10 Min||| Total time: 20 Min|
|Recipe type: Snack||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: Multiple|
|Taste: Sweet with the nutty flavour of Sesame seeds|
Black Sesame Seeds – 1 Cup
Black Jaggery /Palm Jaggery- 1/3 Cup grated
Step by Step Photos on how to make Sesame Balls:
- Dry roast the sesame seeds until they splutter. Set aside and cool them completely. Grate the black jaggery.
- Cool down the sesame seeds. Add them into a blender with sesame seeds and grind them. The powdered mizture looks oily which is enought to roll them into ladoos.
- Take out the ground powder and roll them firm with your palm into smaller balls.
- Enjoy the delicious ellu urundai as a any time snack. It a healthy snack too.
- I have used organic jaggery in order to get rid of dirt and impurities in jaggery.
- I have used black jaggery for this recipe it can also be substitited with jaggery. Similarly the black sesame can also be replaced by white sesame.
Ellu Urundi is prepared as a festive recipe for Vinayagar chaturthi. Also this can be tasted as a any time snack..