Apple Kheer / Payasam
Tender Coconut Kheer / Elaneer Payasam
Corn Kheer / Maize Sweet Pudding
Beetroot Payasam / Beetroot Kheer
|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 10 Min||| Total time:15 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Red Rice Poha / Aval (Thick Variety)- 3/4 Cup
Milk – 1.5 Cup
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Sugar – 1/4 CupNuts – for garnishing
Step by Step Photos on how to make Aval Payasam:
- Heat Ghee in a pan. Roast the red rice poha in ghee.
- Grind the poha in a blender so that it breaks into bits. Heat milk in a pan. Once it boils add in the poha powder. Keep cooking.
- Keep Cooking until the poha is cooked well. Roast nuts in ghee and garnish poha kheer with the roasted nuts.
- The Consistency of the payasam is slightly watery. If the payasam gets thick add more milk.
- Any choice of nuts and dry fruits can be used for garnishing.
- While grinding the poha do not grind them into a powder, or the payasam would get paste consistency.
Aval Payasam is a festive recipe. It can also be prepared as a after meal dessert.