Apple Kheer / Payasam
Tender Coconut Kheer / Elaneer Payasam
Corn Kheer / Maize Sweet Pudding
|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 15 Min||| Total time:20 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Beetroot – 1 Cup Chopped
Milk – 1.5 Cup
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 Cup
Cardamom Powder – a generous pinch
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Nuts – 1 tablespoon for garnishing
Step by Step Photos on how to make Beetroot Payasam:
- Peel Beetroot and chop them.
- Add 1 cup of milk and the chopped beetroot into a blender and blend well. Heat Ghee in a pan. Roast the nuts and set them aside.
- In the same ghee add in the beetroot and milk mixture. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add in the remaining milk. Add in the condensed milk. Cook for another 5 minutes and switch off the flame. Garnish with cashwes.
- Instead of grinding in the blender beetroot can also be grated and used in the payasam.
- Nutmeg powder can also be added to thos kheer.
- Condensed Milk can also be added to this Kheer.
Beetroot Payasam can be served as an after meal dessert.