Ballloon Vine Dal fritters / Mudakathan Keerai Vadai
Wheat Butter Murukku
|Prep time: 40 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time:60 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
|Taste: Crunchy and Melt in Mouth|
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 Cup
Butter – 2 tablespoon
Ajwain Seeds – 1 teaspoom
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Gram flour – 2 tablespoon
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Wheat Butter Murukku :
- Add the Whole wheat flour in a muslin cloth fold them. Place it inside a steamer and steam them. Steam them in medium flame for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove them from the steamer and allow them to cool down completely.
- Add them into a fine mesh strainer and sieve them to remove any lumps.
- Add in salt to taste, Chilli powder, Ajwain seeds and Gram flour and mix them. Add in the butter.
- Mix the butter well. Sprinkle water and roll them into a dough slowly into a chapati dough consistency.
- I have used the Murukku Maker with the star shape. Add in the dough into the murukku maker and start pressing.
- Start pressing the chakli into the hot oil and deep fry them. Fry until the sssh sound ceases.
- Delicious Melt in mouth chaklis are now ready to serve.
- The Gram flour added makes the Murukku even more soft.
- The Muslin cloth is used so that any extra moisture is absorbed.
- After steaming the Wheat Flour get the rice flour consistency.
- Its a bit difficult to find out if the murukku is cooked or not as the color remains the same. Remove the murukku from oil once the ssssh sound ceases.
The Butter Murukku has a melt in mouth texture. This is prepared during festivels or special occasions. This Chakli can also be served as a anytime snack.