Channa Dal Sundal
|Prep time: 60 Min||| Cook time: 15 Min||| Total time:75 Min|
|Recipe type: Savoury||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Channa Dal – 1 Cup
Water – as required
Salt To Taste
Coconut Oil – 1 tablespoon
Mutard – 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – a spring
Coconut grated – 2 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Channa Dal Sundal:
- Soak Channa Dal in water for 1 hour. Add them in pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Make sure they do not turn mushy.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a Frying Pan. Add mustard and allow it to splutter. Add curry leaves and saute them. Add the Channa Dal.
- Mix them well, add the grated coconut and saute for 1 minute and switch off the flame.
- Tasty Channa Dal sundal is now ready to serve.
- Make sure that the channa dal does not get mushy while cooking or it would spoil the taste of sundal.
- Tampering the mixture with coconut oil gives awesome taste. If you do not like the taste of coconut oil regular cooking oil can be used.
- If you wish to add spices add dry red chillis or chopped green chillis.
Channa dal sundal can be served as an anytime snack.