How to cook Basmati rice in stovetop method
How to Cook Basmati Rice in Pressure Cooker
|Prep time: 20 Min||| Cook time: 10 Min||| Total time: 30 Min|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Water – 1 Cup
Salt – to Taste
Step by Step Photos on How to Cook Basmati Rice in Pressure Cooker :
- Wash Basmati rice well. Soak it in water for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes take a pressure cooker. Drain the excess water from the basmati rice and add it into the pressure cooker.
- Add water. Add salt to taste. Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Let the pressure cooker release pressure on it own. Open the pressure cooker. Fluffy basmati rice is now ready.
- Basmati rice is now ready to be used in biryanis and pulaos
- br />
- The soaking time differs for different basmati rice varieties. My rice requied inly 1 cup of water.
- Soaking is the key step to cook the rice soft.
- 1 teaspoon of oil can be added to make the rice as seperate grains.
Plain Basmati rice can be served with any veg gravies and side dishes. It is also used in making biryanis and pulaos..