Mutton Kheema Biryani in Pressure Cooker
Vermicelli Mince Meat Briyani/Sevai Keema Briyani
Channa / Chole / Chick Pea Briyani in Pressure Cooker
Vegatable Biryani in Pressure Cooker
Spinach ChickPea Biryani
|Soak time: 4 Hrs||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time: 4 Hrs|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Water – 1 Cup
Black Channa /Chickpea – 1/2 Cup
Garam Masala – 2 teaspoon
Onion – 1 big chopped
Tomato – 1 Chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Thin Coconut Milk – 1 Cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt To Taste
For Green Paste:
Palak – 1 Cup
Mint Leaves – Fistful
Coriander Leaves – Fistful
Green Chillis – 2
Butter – 1 Tablespoon
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 2
Black Cardamom – 1
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Bay Leaves – 1
Step by Step Photos on how to make Spinach ChickPea Biryani:
- Soak Black Channa with enough water for atleast 4 hours. Add them into a pressure cooker add in required water and salt to taste. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Let the pressure cooker release pressure on its own. Drain the excess water. Let it cook down.
- Add Palak leaves into luke warm water. Add 2 tablespoon of salt into it. Set it aside for 20 minutes. This process would remove the dirt and worms from the leaves if any. Meanwhile soak basmati rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Take Pressure Cooker and start melting butter. When it starts melting add in the contents listed under to Tamper section. When nice aroma comes out add in the onion and saute until glossy.
- Add tomato and saute until mushy. Add in Ginger garlic paste and saute until it cooks well. Grind all the ingredients listed under green paste into a paste.
- Add the green paste into the biryani mixture and cook until the raw smell leaves. Add in the black channa.
- Add in Garam Masala and turmeric powder. Add in the soaked rice. Add 1 Cup of coconut Milk. Give a quick stir. Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Switch off the pressure cooker and allow it to release pressure on its own. Open the pressure cooker and fluff it off with a fork. Delicious palak biryani is now ready to serve.
- While pressure cooking Black channa make sure not to make it mushy. As it is going to be cooked again with rice cook only 75 %.
- While grinding the green paste add water only if your blender does not cooperate.
Palak Biryani is a perfect lunch box recipe. I served this Biryani with Potato Raitha.