Mutton Kheema Biryani
Vermicelli mince meat Biryani
Channa Biryani/ChickPea Biryani
Spinach Black Channa Biryani
Checkout Dum Biryani Recipes
Fish Dum Biryani
Mochai Carrot Biryani
|Soak time: 4 Hrs||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time: 4 Hrs|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Carrot – 1/3 Cup grated
Ghee – 1 Tablespoon
Onion – 1 sliced
Raw Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Garam Masala – 1.5 Teaspoon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Water – 1 and 1/4 Cup
To Pressure Cook:
Mochai – 1/4 Cup
Turmeric Powder – a generous pinch
Salt to taste
Water – as required
Tomato – 1
Green Chillis – 2
Mint leaves – fistful
Coriander Leaves – fistful
Oil – 1 Tablespoon
Cloves – 2
Star Anise – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Black Stone flower – 1
Bay Leaves – 1
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mochai Carrot Biryani:
- Soak Mochai in water atleast 4 hours. Drain the water and add it into a pressure cooker. Add in required water, turmeric powder and salt. Pressure Cook for 2 whistles in Medium flame. Switch off the flame. Wait until the pressure release on its own. Drain the excess water and set aside.
- Heat Ghee in a Pressure Cooker. Add in the ingredients listed under to tamper section. Add onion and saute until glossy.
- Add all the ingredients listed under the green paste and blend them into a smooth paste. Add the green paste into the onion and saute them until the mixture is cooked well.
- Add in the grated carrot and Mochai and cook for 2 minutes. Soak basmati rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the excess water from the basmati rice and add it into the Pressure cooker. Add in water. Add in required salt and garam masala.
- Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Wait until the pressure releases on its own. Open the pressure cooker. Wait until the steam ceases. Fluff the rice with a fork. Mochai Carrot Biryani is now ready to serve.
- While pressure cooking mochai do not make it mushy as it is to be pressure cooked again.
- While blending the green paste add water only if your blender does not cooperate.
- The amount of water required to pressure cook the basmati rice differs for different variety of rice. My rice cooks soft in 1:1 and 1/4 cups of water.
Mochai Carrot Biryani can be served with raitha and Fryams.