Mutton Kheems Biryani
Vermicelli Mince Meat Biryani
Mutton Liver Fry
Mutton Pepper Masala
Coriander Kheema Masala
Mutton Roast with Coconut
|Prep time: 30 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time: 50 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
To Pressure Cook:
Mutton – 500 grams
Water – as required
Salt – to taste
Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
Coconut Grated – 1/2 Cup
Garlic – 15 small or 5 large
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Cumin – 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Bay Leaves – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 2
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Mustard- 1 teaspoon
Shallots – 10 small or onion – 1
Curry leaves – a spring
Salt – to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mutton Roast with Coconut:
- Clean the Mutton Pieces. Add them into a Pressure Cooker. Add the required water, Salt, Turmeric powder and get ready to pressure cook.
- Pressure cook the mutton for 5 whistles. After the first whistle reduce the flame into low. Allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own. Open the pressure cooker. Drain the excess water. This water can be used to prepare Mutton Soup
- Add in the ingredients listed under to grind and grind them into a paste.
- Heat oil in a frying Pan. Add in the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add in chopped shallots and saute them until glossy. Add in the curry leaves and saute them.
- Add in the pressure cooked mutton. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Add in the ground masala and saute them until the masala is cooked well and the masalas blend well.
- Flavourful Mutton Roast with Coconut is now ready to serve.
Mutton Roast can be served as a side dish with Steamed rice and other gravies.