Black Forest Cake
Carrot and Banana Cake
Almond and Orange Cake
|Prep time: 15 Min||| Bake time: 40 Min||| Total time:55 Min|
|Recipe type: Cakes and Bakes||| Cuisine: International||| Yields / Serves: a loaf|
|Taste: Sweet with a Full Fragrance of orange|
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 Cup
Eggs – 3
Almond – 1/4 Cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Baking Soda – 1/2 Teaspoon
Orange Zest – 1 tablespoon
Warm Milk – 2 tablespoon
Butter – 1/2 Cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/3 Cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Almond and Orange Cake:
- Grate the Orange Peel to get the Orange Zest. Add the Almonds into a blender and blend them into a smooth powder.
- Add the butter and powdered sugar and blend them into a smooth consistency.
- Add in Vanilla Extract, Orange Zest and blend them into a smooth paste again.
- Add in the dry ingredients Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Sift the mixture 2 or 3 times. Add in the almond powder and mix them well. Add the Butter and Sugar Mixture into the dough.
- Add in 3 eggs in a bowl. Beat them using a hand blender so that they foam up well. Add the foamed egg into the batter mixture.
- Now mix them all slowly. The dough must be a sticky but a bit runny consistency. If required add some warm milk, to get this consistency. Grease the baking tray with butter.
- Place the parchment paper at the bottom of the baking tin. Grease the paper with butter. Add the cake batter into the baking tin.
- Tap the baking tin so that the batter would settle on all the corners of the baking tin. Sprinkle some almond chunks on top of the cake. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C for 10 minutes. Add in the baking tin to the oven. Bake for 50 minutes at 180 deg C. After the cake is done remove from the oven and leave it to cool down completely. It might take around 30 to 40 minutes.
- Release the cake from the cake tin. Remove the Parchment paper carefully.
- You can also soak almonds in water for 15 minutes. Then remove the skin. Again Dry roast them and then blend them into a powder.
- Do not omit the step of sifting the flour as it would mix well and to avoid any lumps.
- Baking time differs from different ovens. Check your usermanual before you start your baking.
- My cake was Moderately sweet. You can adjust the sweetness as per your taste requirements.
- Do not make the cake batter too watery as it would affect the texture of the cake.
Enjoy Orange and Almond cake as an alternate for the traditional fruit cake.