Spicy Chicken Chukka | Chicken Chukka Varuval
Recipe type: Appetizer | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Taste: Salty and Spicy
Chicken – 250 grams
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Red Chillis – 4
Curry Leaves – fistful
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Star anise – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch sticl
Cloves – 2
Onion – 1 chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves – a spring
Step by Step Photos on how to make Chicken Chukka:
- Wash and Clean the Chicken Pieces. Chop them into bite sized pieces. Add in Vinegar, Chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix them well and allow them to marinate for atleast 30 minutes. Heat oil in a wok. Add in cumin sees, fennel seeds, star anise, cinnamon, cloves and saute until nice aroma comes out.
- Add in onion and saute them until glossy. Add in curry leaves and saute them. Add in turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Cook until the masalas blend well. Add in ginger garlic paste and saute them until the masalas blend well.
- Add in the marinated chicken. Give a quick stir. Add half cup water and cook the chicken.
- Cook until the chicken gets tender and all the water disappears. Switch off the flame. Heat oil in another pan add in cumin seeds, dry red chillis and curry leaves. Saute them well. Add on top of the Chicken mixture.
- Delicious Chicken Chukka is now ready to serve.
- If you wish to pressure cook the chicken. After marinating the chicken it can be pressure cooked until tender and then added into the masala paste.
- Do not omit the final tampering it adds to the flavour of the dish.
- Finally coriander leaves can also be used for garnishing.
- If required add more water to cook the chicken tender.
- Do not add more water or it takes a long time for the chicken to cook dry.
- Switch off once the chicken gets dry or it starts shredding.