Crispy Palak Pakoda / Spinach Fritters
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 4
Palak Leaves – 2 cups tightly packed
Onion – 1 big chopped
Besan / Gram flour – 3/4 Cup
Water – as required
Salt – to taste
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Corn Flour – 1 tablespoon
Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
Add Any one of the following
White Sesame Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Jeera / Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Crispy Palak Pakoda / Spinach Fritters
- For Blanching Spinach leaves. Heat water in a pan. Add in salt. Once the water is warm enough switch off the flame and add in the spinach leaves and leave it for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the spinach leaves from water. Add in Chopped onion into a bowl. Chop the palak leaves and add them. Add in gram flour.
- Add in salt to taste, Chilli powder and Coriander Powder.
- Add in Corn Flour, Sesame Seeds and mix them well.
- Sprinkle water little by little and mix them until pasty smooth consistency is reached. Heat oil in a tawa and drop 1 tablespoon full of batter into the hot oil.
- Deep fry them until it is cooked well and turns golden brown on all sides.
- Place them in a absorbant paper for the excess oil to be absorbed. Serve Crispy Pakoda
- While placing the pakodas into hot oil for deep frying them do not over crowd with more pakodas in one go. They would stick with each other.
- Cook in low flame so that the pakodas cook well.
- If you are adding more than one tablespoon of batter in one pakoda they wont turn crispy instead they would have a softer inside with a crispy outside coating.