Peda is a very famous indian sweet mainly prepared during festivels. It is prepared by reducing full fat milk. There are many variations in Peda. I have prepared peda with mango flavour. It is a one of the delicious variations in peda. Mango Milk Peda is Sweet, Chewy and melts in the mouth. This is a foolproof recipe. Ayone can prepare this easily. Mango Milk Peda / Mango Milk Fudge is rich in flavour and can be done with just 3 ingredients. The added bonus is the flavor of fresh mangoes. So this is a real treat for mango lovers. It is our personal choice how we shape it. It can be made into a ball like a laddo, or can be cut into diamond shapes. It have prepared this peda with Condensed Milk and Milk powder which is quick and easy rather than reducing the full fat milk which is time consuming.
Hubby and daughter are very much fond of mangoes, It was a real treat to them. I prepared Rose Milk Peda and Pistachio Milk Peda. Mango Milk Peda was the one that vanished immediately.
Mango Milk Peda / Mango Milk Fudge
Recipe type: Sweet | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 15
Taste:Sweet, Chewy. Melts in the mouth
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 Cup
Sweetened Milk Powder – 2 Cups
Mango Puree – 1/2 Cup
Rose Water – 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Almonds – for Garnishing
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mango Milk Peda / Mango Milk Fudge
- Use a Heavy bottomed Pan. Add in Condensed Milk and Milk Powder. Heat in low flame. Mix them so that they are blended well.
- The mixture sets easily so switch off the flame immedaitely. Heat Ghee in another pan. Slice the mangoes and blend them into a smooth paste.
- Add the mango puree into ghee. Add in the rose water. Keep cooking until ghee and mango puree gets blended well. cook in low flame.
- Add in the milk mixture into mango mixture. mix them well. Cook until the extra moisture evoparates. Switch off the flame. Roast the almonds in ghee and get them ready.
- Make small balls in your palm and flatten them. Add an almond in the center. Delicious Mango Milk Peda is now ready to serve.
- If the peda mixture is overcooked it becomes hard and difficult to shape them.
- Grease your hands while shaping the peda.
- The Mixture must be warm or it is difficult to shape them.
- Use a heavy bottom pan and cook in low flame or the mixture gets burnt easily.
- If you feel the peda is too sticky refrigerate them for 30 minutes before making the desired shapes.