Pista Milk Peda / Pistachio Milk Fudge
Recipe type: Sweet | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 15
Taste:Sweet with nutty flavour of Pistachio
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 Cup
Sweetened Milk Powder – 2 Cups
Pistachios – 1/3 Cup
Rose Water – 1 teaspoon
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Almonds – for Garnishing
Step by Step Photos on how to make Pista Milk Peda / Pistachio Milk Fudge
- Use a Heavy bottomed Pan. Add in Condensed Milk and Milk Powder. Heat in low flame. Mix them so that they are blended well.
- The Mixture gets thick easily. Take care not to burn it keep setting. Once it is set switch off them immediately. Heat ghee in another pan. Add in the pistachios into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste. Add water only of your blender does not cooperate.
- Add in the pista paste. cook in low flame for 2 minutes. Add in the milk mixture and mix them well. Add in rosewater and mix well.
- Switch off the flame. Roast almonds in ghee. Roll out the pista and milk peda.
- Ganish the pedas with roasted almonds.
- If the peda mixture is overcooked it becomes hard and difficult to shape them.
- Grease your hands while shaping the peda.
- The Mixture must be warm or it is difficult to shape them.
- Use a heavy bottom pan and cook in low flame or the mixture gets burnt easily.
- If you feel the peda is too sticky refrigerate them for 30 minutes before making the desired shapes.
- Shaping the pedas is ones own choice. It can be made into small balls like ladoos or cut into diamond shapes.