Raw Banana Tawa Fry / Vazhaikai Varuval is a awesome appetizer and also a side dish that can be served with steamed rice and rasam or sambar. It can also be served as a side dish with Variety rice recipes. Raw Banana is sliced and mariated in spicy masala. It is then fried in a tawa. Less Oil and more interesting. This is one of my personal favourite too.
Raw Banana Tawa Fry / Vazhaikai Varuval
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Raw Banana – 2
To grind and paste
Ginger – half inch piece
Garlic – 2 fat pods
Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Corinader Powder – 1 teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds – 3/4 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Oil – for tawa frying
Step by Step Photos on how to make Raw Banana Tawa Fry / Vazhaikai Varuval
- Grease your knife and hands with oil. Peel the raw banana. Slice them.
- Add all the ingredients listed under to grind and paste into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste with limited water. Add the paste on the sliced bananas and mix them well. Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Heat your tawa. Grease them with oil. Once it is hot enough reduce the flame and place the banana slices over the tawa. When once side is cooked turn sides.
- Wait until both sides are cooked well. If required place them in an absorbent paper for the excess oil to be absorbed.
- Serve them hot.
- Peeling raw banana is a messy job. Dont worry grease your hands and knife with oil, so that the stains do not stick anywhere.
- As soon as you chop the raw banana add them into the marination masala or else it would change color.