Red Rice Porridge / Podi Arisi Kanji
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Scrambled Red Rice – 1 Cup
Water – 3 cups
Garlic – 4 fat pods
Salt to taste
Add any one of the following
Coconut scraping – 1/3 Cup
Coconut Milk – 3/4 Cup
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Cow’s milk – 1/3 Cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make Red Rice Porridge / Podi Arisi Kanji
- Heat waster in a pot. Add salt to taste.
- Wash and clean the broken red rice.
- When the water starts boiling add in the washed red rice.
- When the rice starts boiling add in the garlic pods.
- When the rice is cooked completely (when you mash rice in your finger it must mash immediately this is the right consistency.) add in the grated coconut. Cook in low flame for few minutes and switch off.
- Simple and healthy Red Rice Porridge is now ready to serve.
- The Porridge thickens on time, So adjust water accordingly.
- If you are adding ghee or butter add them after switching off the flame.
- The amount of water required for cooking rice differs between different types of rice.