Rice Green Gram Porridge
Recipe type: Breakfast | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 3
Rice – 1 Cup
Green Gram – 1/3 Cup
Garlic – 7 pods
Salt to taste
Water – as required
Milk / Coconut Milk – 1 Cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make Rice Green Gram Porridge:
- Wash and clean the rice and Green Gram. Add them into a pressure cooker along with Garlic, water and salt to taste. Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Switch off the flame. Allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own.
- Open the pressure cooker. Start heating again. Add in 1 more cup of water. Keep stirring. Mash with your ladle if required. Keep cooking for 5 more minutes. Add in salt if required.
- Add 1 cup of milk and cook for 5 more minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Healthy Porridge is now ready to serve.
- Yup .. This is the combo that I love to eat. Rice Green Gram Porridge and Kara Vada