Beetroot Pulao / Red Velvette Pulao
Recipe type: Main Course | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Beetroot Grated – 3/4 Cup loosely packed
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Water – 1 and 1/4 Cup
Salt – to taste
Onion – 1 chopped
Green Chillis – 1
Thick Curd – 2 tablespoon
Garam Masala – 1.5 teaspoon
Coriander Leaves – 2 tablespoon chopped
Ghee – 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon for roasting cashews
Cashews – 10
Cloves – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Bay Leaves – 1
Step by Step Photos on how to make Beetroot Pulao / Red Velvette Pulao
- Soak Basmati rice in water for 20 minutes. Grate Beetroot, Chop onion and Coriander Leaves.
- Heat Ghee in a Pressure pan. Add in the Cashews and roast them until golden brown. Remove the Cashews and place them aside.
- Add in the remaining Ghee. Add in Bay Leaves, Cinnamon and cloves. Once nice aroma comes out add in onion and start sauting. Add in green chillis. Saute until the onion is glossy. Add in ginger garlic paste and saute until nice aroma of ginger garlic comes out.
- Add in coriander leaves and saute them. Add in the beetroot and saute them for few minutes.
- Add in garam masala and keep sauting. My mixture was too dry so i have added 2 tablespoon of water.
- Add in thick yogurt. Mix them gently.
- Add in the soaked and drained rice. Mix them gently.
- Add in water. Add salt to taste.
- Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles in high flame. Switch off the flame after that. Allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker and garnish with sauted cashews.
- Tasty and Healty Red Velvette rice is now ready to serve.
- Soaking rice in water for 20 minutes helps in cooking rice softer.
- Thick curd can be replaced by coconut milk. Even that is full of flavours.
- You can also add fistful of chopped mint leaves.