Eggless Whole Wheat Dates Walnut Muffins
Recipe type: Cakes and Bakes | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 6 muffins
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 Cup
Milk – 3/4 Cup
Butter – 1/4 Cup
Dates – 8 medium deseeded and chopped
Sugar – 1/4 Cup
Cinnamon Powder – 1/8 teaspoon
Nutmeg essence – 2 drops or Nutmeg powder – 1/8 teaspoon
Baking Soda – 1/4 teaspoon
Baking Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Walnuts chopped – 4 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Whole Wheat Dates Walnut Muffins
- DeSeed the dates and chop them into smaller pieces and soak them in milk for 30 minutes.
- Add the dates and milk into a blender along with brown sugar and blend them into a smooth paste.
- Take butter in a mixing bowl and whisk them until they get a creamy texture. Add in the Dates mixture and blend them into a smooth paste.
- Add in Wheat Flour, Baking soda, Baking powder and Cinnamon powder into a mixing bowl and sieve the mixture 3 times.
- Add in the dates mixture into the wheat flour. Add in the Nutmeg essence. Mix them gently with a spatula.
- Reserve a tablespoon of walnut chunks for adding on top at the end. Add in the walnut chunks and mix them gently. Place the muffin liners into the muffin tray. Scoop the cake mixture into the muffin liners.
- Tap the muffin Tray gently so that any bubbles would settle down. Add few walnuts of top of each muffins. Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C for 10 minutes. Place the Muffins in the over and bake them at 180 Deg C for 20 minutes or until the muffins are completely done. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake if it comes out clean the cakes are done. Take the muffin lines out of the oven. Allow them to cool down completely.
- Yummy Dates and Walnut and muffins are now ready to serve.
- Sieving the mixture is to ensure that the dry ingredients are mixed well and to remove any lumps.
- Scoop the muffin batter into the muffin liners using an icecream scooper. Its really helpful and no mess.
- The Baking time differes between different ovens so read your user manual carefully before baking.
- Soaking dates in milk helps in blending to a smooth.
- Addition of sugar/sweetner is completely optional if your dates are sweet enough.
- Walnuts can be replaced with any nuts as you like.