Kanyakumari style Verum Kuzhambu/Vendhaya Kuzhambu / FenuGreek Gravy
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
To Grind and Paste
Coconut – 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds – 3/4 teaspoon
Water – as required
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard- 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek – 1/2 teaspoon
Onion – 1/2 Chopped (optional)
Curry Leaves – fistful
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 3/4 teaspoon(optional)
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Tamarind – Amla size
Salt – to taste
Water as required
Step by Step Photos on how to make Vendhaya Kuzhambu / FenuGreek Gravy
- Heat oil in a Wok. Add in mustard and allow it to splutter. Add Fenugreek. Add in curry leaves. Saute for a min in low flame.
- Add all the contents listed under to grind and paste and add them into a blender blend them into a smooth paste with required water. Add this paste into the Oil. Add in required water. Soak tamarind in water for 15 minutes squeeze the pulp and discard the waste. Add the tamarind water into the gravy.
- Add in Chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste. Allow it to boil. Simmer it until the oil seperated in the sides of the vessel.
- Verum Kuzhambu is now ready to serve.
- This is a gravy type recipe hence adjust the water consistency accordingly.