Mango Pulissery / Mambazha Pulissery
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Taste:Sweet and Tangy
Mango –1 Cup Chopped
Curd / Yogurt – 1 cup
Water – as required
Salt – to taste
To grind and paste
Fresh Grated Coconut – 1/4 Cup
Green Chilli – 1
Jeera – 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Coconut Oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli – 2
Curry Leaves – a spring
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mango Pulissery / Mambazha Pulissery
- Peel and Chop Mangoes. Heat 1/2 cup water in a wok. Once they start boiling add in the chopped mango chunks.
- Add in salt to taste and cook until the mango is cooked.
- Add all the ingredients listed under to grind and paste and blend them into a smoothe paste with requied water.
- Add in turmeric powder. Cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Take the thick curd. Beat them until you get a smooth consistency. Add them into the mango mixture.Add it into the mango. Cook for few mins. Switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a tampering pan. Add all the ingredients listed under to tamer and saute them.
- Add the tampered contents into the gravy and mix them slowly.
- Delicious Pulissery is ready. Serve hot with steamed white rice.
- If the mango is not sweet enough add some sugar to it.
- Make sure to add fresh Curd or the Curry would get too sour
- Traditionally small mangoes are used to make this curry. The skin is peeled and the whole mango is used as is.
- Do not use over ripe mangoes it must be thick enouth.
- After adding curd do not cook for more time or the mixture would cuddle.