Chettinad Masala Kuzhambu / Chettinad Masala Gravy
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Drumstick – 1 chopped
Brinjal – 2 small Chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Corinader Powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Water – as required
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 1
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Small onion – 5 for tampering
Garlic – 5 pods
Curry Leaves – a spring
To Grind and Paste
Coconut – 1/3 Cup
To Saute and Grind
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Onion – 1 Chopped
Tomato – 1 big roughly chopped
Step by Step Photos on how to make Chettinad Masala Kuzhambu / Chettinad Masala Gravy
- Peel the outer skin of the drumstick and chop them into 1 inch pieces. Chop brinjal and place in water. Chop onion and tomato.
- Heat oil in a wok and saute onion and garlic until glossy. Add in tomatoes and salt and saute until the tomatoes get mushy.
- Switch off the flame and cool down the mixture completely. Add them into a blender.
- Add in the coconut and required and blend them into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a wok and add in Cinnamon, cloves and fennel seeds. Add in chopped onion and saute them until glossy.
- Add in curry leaves and saute them. Add in the drumstick and brinjal and saute them for 4 minutes. Add in the ground paste.
- Add in required water and saute cook them. Add in turmeric Powder.
- Add in Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder.
- Allow them to cook until the oil seperates in the sides of the vessel. Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves
- Adjust the water of the gravy as per the required consistency.
- I haved added lesser spices.Adjust the spice levels as per your taste requirements.