Drumstick Blossom Pakoda / Murungai Poo Pakoda
Recipe type: Snack | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 1
Murungai Poo – 1 Cup
Onion – 1 small chopped
Coriander leaves – 4 tablespoon chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder – 3/4 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 3/4 teaspoon
Gram Flour – 1/2 Cup
Green Chillis – 1 chopped
Water – as required
Salt -to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Drumstick Blossom Pakoda / Murungai Poo Pakoda
- Remove all the stems from the drumstick Blossom. Add in chopped onion and Coriander leaves.
- Add in Gram flour, Chilli powder, Corinader powder, Turmeric powder and salt to taste. Add in required water and make them into a pasty consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot enough simmer the flame. Drop in pakoda batter as small balls. Deep fry them. Remove from oil and place them in an absorbant paper so that the excess oil is absorbed.
- Serve them hot with a cup of tea
- The pakoda batter must not be too water or it wont hold its shape while dropped into hot oil.
- If the pakoda batter is powdery it would spread in the hot oil while dropped in.
- You can add in chopped green chillis. I avoided thos since my little girl does not like it.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#76
This is for Srivalli’s Kid’s Delight event, guest hosted by Sandhya, themed on Family Recipes.