Khara Paniyaram / Simple Savoury Buns
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 15
Leftover Idli Batter – 1 Cup
Oil/Ghee – as required
Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
Split Urad Dal – 1/2 teaspoon
Green Chillis – 1 chopped
Onion – 1 chopped
curry leaves – 2 spring
Salt – to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Khara Paniyaram / Simple Savoury Buns
- Heat oil in a Wok. Add in mustard and urad dal and allow them to splutter. Add in onion and saute them until glossy. Add in curry leaves and green chillis and saute them.
- Take the leftover dosa batter and add in the tampered mixture. Mix them gently. Add salt only if required.
- Heat the Paddu Pan or Kuzhi Paniyaram Pan. Grease them with generous oil or ghee. Spoon in the batter into each Cavity. Do not fill it until the top as it expands after cooking so it might overflow.
- Wait until the paniyaram cooks well and the sides gets released.
- Turn sides and allow them to cook. When both sides are cooked completely. Remove them from the pan and serve hot with any chutney of your choice or even tomato sauce.
- Tasty Paniyaram is now ready to serve.
- Using Ghee instead of oil for greasing gives a nice aroma to the paniaram.
- Usually paniyaram is cooked in generous amount of oil or ghee.
- When the paniyaram is cooked completely if releases its edges from the pan and is easy to turn sides.