Palm Jaggery Halwa / Karupatti Halwa
Recipe type: Sweets and Dessert | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 15 slices
Ghee/Clarified Butter – 3 tablespoon
Wheat Flour or Rice Flour – 3/4 Cup
Water – 3/4 Cup for mixing flour
Water – 1 cup for mixing jaggery
Salt – a pinch
Thin Coconut Milk – 1 Cup
Palm Jaggery – 3/4 Cup
Cardamom Powder or Rose water- 1/4 teaspoon
Nuts for Garnishing
Step by Step Photos on how to make Palm Jaggery Halwa / Karupatti Halwa
- Add water and Jaggery into a Wok and heat them.
- Heat until all the jaggery dissolves. Cool it completely. Strain for any impurities. Set it aside.
- I have taken rice flour. Add in water and a pinch of salt and mix them without any lumps into a watery liquid. Heat 2 tablespoon ghee in a wok and add in the rice flour mixture.
- Keep heating it. When it starts thickening add in the coconut milk. Keep heating until it reaches a pasty consistency. Now add in the jaggery water.
- Keep stirring and mix them without any lumps.
- When the mixture starts thickening add in the remaining ghee and rose water or cardamom. Keep cooking in low flame until it reaches the halwa consistency and it comes up without sticking to the wok. Add in chopped nuts and mix them gently. Now switch off the flame.
- Grease another plate and pour the halwa mixture into the greased plate. Allow it to settle down. It thickens as it cools down.
- Slice the into desired shapes.
- Garnish them with nuts and serve them.
- The Sweetness and the Color of the Halwa completely depends on the type of the jaggery used.
- Be generous with ghee as it is the key ingredient in making smooth halwa.
- The halwa thickens when it cools down.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#76
This is for Srivalli’s Kid’s Delight event, guest hosted by Sandhya, themed on Family Recipes.