Prawn Roast \ Iral Varuval
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Prawns – 300 grams after cleaning
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Onion – 1 chopped
Dry red Chillis – 3
Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 3/4 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
To Grind and Paste
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic – 6 pods
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Green Chilli – 1
Cardamom – 2
Star Anise – 1
Cloves – 1
Bay leaves – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Water – as required
Step by Step Photos on how to make Prawn Roast \ Iral Varuval
- Clean and Devein the prawns. If the prawns are in bigger size chop them into smaller size.
- Heat oil in a Wok. Add in Cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in onion and saute them until glossy. Add in Curry Leaves and saute them.
- Take all the contents listed under to grind and paste and grind them into a smooth paste in a blender with required water. Add them and saute well.
- Saute until the mixture is cooked well, add in chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Add in Coriander powder and cook them for 2 mins in low flame. Add in the choppe prawns.
- Add in 1/2 cup water and cook for 4 minutes.
- Cook until all the water evaporates.
- Prawns takes very less time to cook. If overcooked they turn rubbery.
- Since this is a dry dish, add only 1/2 Cup of water or the water would take a long time to evoparate and the prawns would turn rubbery.