Spring Onion Pulao
Recipe type: Variety Rice | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Steamed Rice – 1.5 Cups
Spring Onion – 1 Cup Chopped
Coriander Leaves – fistful
Mint Leaves – fistful
Tomato – 1 big chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Green Chillis – 2 Slit
Salt to taste
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 2
Step by Step Photos on how to make Spring Onion Pulao
- Chop onion, tomato, coriander and Mint leaves. Clean and chop the spring onion.
- Heat ghee in a wok. Add in Cinnamon and cloves and saute until nice aroma comes out. Add in green chillis. Add in the White base portion of the spring onion if you have it. My spring onion did not have it so i have omitted this step. Add in tomatoes and salt to taste. Saute until the tomatoes get mushy. Add in the ginger garlic paste. Saute until nice aroma comes out.
- Add in the cashews. Add in the chopped spring onion and saute them.
- Add in the mint and coriander leaves and saute them. Add in salt to taste. Once the mixture is ready add in the steamed rice and mix them.
- Healthy and tasty spring onion pulao is now ready to be served.
- Basmati rice can also be used to cook this recipe
- If you wish to add garam masala 1.5 teaspoon of garam masala powder can also be added while sauting the veggies.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#76
This is for Srivalli’s Kid’s Delight event, guest hosted by Sandhya, themed on Family Recipes.