Raw Mango Rice / Mangai Sadam
Recipe type: Main Course | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 1
Taste:Tangy and Mildly Spicy
Boiled Rice – 1 Cup
Raw Mango grated – 1/2 Cup
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves a spring
Dry red Chillis – 2
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Raw Mango Rice / Mangai Sadam
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow it to splutter. Add in peanuts and roast well. Add in red chilli, curry leaves. Saute for 2 mins. Add in grated mango. Add in turmeric powder and salt to taste. The mango mashes easily.
- Add in the boiled rice. Mix them well.
- Tangy and yummy Mango rice is now ready to serve.
- Peanuts can be replaced by Cashews.
- Cooking oil can be replaced by ghee.
- Few slit green chills can be added to make it flavourful.