Checkout other Pakoda Recipes in this space
Sweet Corn Pakoda
Drumstick blossom Pakoda
Mix Veg Pakoda
Drumstick Leaves Cashew Pakoda / Murungai Keerai Pakoda is a crunchy and nutritious tea time snack
- 1/4 Cup Broken Cashews
- 3/4 Cup Drumstick Leaves
- 1 Cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- Required Salt
- Required Water
- Oil For deep Frying
Break Cashews into halves.
Remove the drumstick leaves from the stem and add them into cashews.
Add in Gram flour, Chilli powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Rice flour and salt and mix them gently.
Add in water slowly and keep mixing them gently. Add water until they reach a thick paste consistency.
The consistency must not be watery or too thick.
Heat oil for deep frying.
Table 1 tablespoon of pakoda batter and drop them in oil. Deep fry until golden brown.
Remove them from oil and place them in absorbent paper.
Serve hot with a cup of tea.
- The number of pakodas completely depends on they size of pakodas.
- Do not add more rice flour the pakodas would turn hard
- If the mixture is too thick the pakoda would be too hard.
- If the mixture is watery it would absorb more oil while deep frying.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Drumstick Leaves Cashew Pakoda / Murungai Keerai Pakoda
- Break the cashews into halves and add them into a mixing bowl. Remove the drumstick leaves from the stem and add them into cashews.
- Add in Gram flour, Chilli powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Rice powder and salt and mix them gently.
- Add in water little by little and make them into a thick paste. The consistency must not be too thick or too watery.
- Heat oil in a Wok for deep frying. Add in a tablespoon of flour into hot oil and allow them to deep fry until golden brown. Remove them from oil and place in an absorbent paper so that it absorbs the excess oil.
- Serve hot pakodas with a cup of hot chai.