Protein Porridge has protein rich ingredients which is good to help reduce diabetic and obesity problems. This porridge is idea for taking it in the breakfast.
- Kodo Millet / Varagu Arisi
- Horse Gram / Kollu
- Wheat / Samba Gothumai
- Wild Rice / Black Rice / Kavuni Arisi
- Black ChickPea / Kondai Kadalai
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Jaggery powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- 2 Dry Red Chillis
Dry roast each ingredient separately. Cool them down and blend them in a blender
Add 2 tablespoon of this powder and 1 Cup of water with salt to taste.
Heat it. Stir Continuously as to avoid lumps.
Once it reaches a pasty consistency remove from the heat, Allow it to cool down. Use any one of the tampering and enjoy the porridge.
- Each ingredient has a completely different property hence dry roasting them seperately is essential
- If preparing in a bulk grinding it in a grinding mill would be good enough
- Since the ingredients are roasted they keep good for months.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Protein Porridge
- Take Equal quantities of each ingredient.
- Dry roast each of them seperately. Powder them. We generally prepare it in bulk so it is send to the grinding mill for powdering it.
- Take 2 tablespoon of Mix. Add in 1 Cup of water and Salt. Stir well to avoid lumps.
- Start heating it. Stir continuously in order not to burn the bottom of the bowl. Once it reaches the pasty consistency stop stirring it. Switch off the flame. Cool them down.
- I added 1/2 Cup of milk and a tablespoon of jaggery before consuming.