Here i am back with another Guest post from Padma Balaji of Recibrary. Padma writes all about Vegetarian Recipes in her Library of Recipes . You can find some beauty tips too. I luv the little tips that she gives here and there. One must not miss out the “Tip of the Day” in her homepage. When i contacted her for a guest post she happily accepted and had given me this recipe by the end of last month. Thanks for choosing Green Peas Butter Masala for this space. I must be so thankful for her support. I have taken such a long time to post her recipe. Yes the Recreation of my space took more time of mine. This was my another new year resolution in 2017. And finally its done. Now over to Padma Balaji in her own words…
Thank you Anlet for inviting me to write a guest post for Ann’s Little Corner. You are one of the good friends I got after entering into the blogging world. I really love your baked goodies. You have a wonderful blog which I love to visit often.
I am sharing Green Peas Butter Masala recipe which is one of my personal favourites. This goes great with rotis or steamed basmati rice. The addition of kasoori methi adds a unique flavor to this dish. As with many Indian food, this delicacy also tastes better with time. Here goes the recipe of Green Peas Butter Masala.
Green Peas Butter Masala
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20 -25 Min|
1 cup Green Peas
3 medium size Onions, sliced
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1” piece Ginger, chopped
6 cloves garlic, cut into pieces
2 Green Chillies, slit
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Kasoori Methi
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Butter
Salt as required
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1” Cinnamon Stick
Step by Step Photos on how to make Green Peas Butter Masala:
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add sliced onions, slit green chillies, chopped ginger and garlic. Sprinkle salt and saute till they become golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute till they become mushy.
- Now add the coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala. Saute till the raw smell goes off completely. Let it cool and grind to a smooth paste by adding water.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan. When it is hot, add 2 tsp butter and wait till it melts. Add the ingredients given under ‘For Seasoning’ and fry for 3-4 seconds. Add the green peas and saute till they are cooked.
- Now add the ground paste and mix well. Add 2 cups of water and salt to taste. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Switch of the flame and add a tsp of butter. Crush kasoori methi between your palms and sprinkle over the gravy. Mix well and serve hot!